Results of scientific researches of sapropels
Effectiveness of sapropel usage for agricultural planting is proved by the number of investigations, which took part in Ukraine and abroad. It is known, that Volyn region has huge reserves of this raw material (near 100 mln), which are characterized by the high quality indices. Effectiveness of Volyn sapropels usage in the plant and vegetable – growing was discovered in researches made by professor, doctor of agricultural sciences – M. Shevtchyk and others.
The results of the investigation show that usage of pure sapropels provides:
- in sod-podzolic sand soils with amount of humus 1,28%, growth in the soil level 0-10, 10-20 cm. economically valuable aggregates 2-1, 1-0,5, 0,5-0,25 mm. because of decrease of colloidal fractions. Coefficient of soil structure at the depth of 0-10, 10-20 cm. while putting sapropel comparing with control variants (without fertilizers) increases from 2,60 and 3,48 to 5,91 and 7,33% and is on the level of putting a bedding humus;
- increasing comparing with the control amount of natural humidity in 3.2 times, and humidity loses, according to the results of lysimetric investigations, beyond the horizon 0-155 cm at local putting of sapropel 24-45% lower than background;
- humus stabilization changing its group composition in favour of humic acids;
- the growth of the main nutrient elements:
|Influence of sapropel on amount of nutrients
in sod-cryptopodzole soil
- increasing of microbiological process intensity, that causes the increase of useful micro flora, especially nitrifies azotobacter and phosphates activating bacteria;
- increase of yield directly:
in direct influence
| Sapropel influence
on yield (direct influence)
|Sapropel influence on yield (aftereffect)|
- Quality improvement of the grown products:
|Sapropel influence on qualitative indices of oat grain|
- Lowering of radiocesium transition into potato tuber in 2,7 -4,3 times, in oat grain - in 3,7 – 2,7, in lupine herbage – in 2,3 – 5,3 times comparing with the control.
It is investigated that sapropel is suitable for mineral fertilizer production. Their organic part together with mineral fertilizers form organic- mineral composition system which not only reduces loses of nutrients, but also protects them from interaction with atmospheric moisture at storage, reduces hygroscopicity, and corrosive interaction of mineral fertilizers with metallic objects.
Organic mineral fertilization (OMF) provides:
- increasing of yields
|Influence of (OMF) on agricultural yields|
- quality improvement of production
|Influence of (OMF) on quality indices of potato tuber|
Usage of sapropel is effective in areas under glass as a component for soil compositions.
Soil mixtures with sapropel comparing with peat (traditional component):
- are characterized with better buffer ability than with peat;
- provide greater increase in yields of hot-houses vegetables
|Sapropel understratum influence
on vegetable yield
- support better quality of the grown products: in cucumbers amount of vitamin C increases for 12% and amount of nitrates decreases 1,5 -2,1 times comparing with peat.